Our congregation grew from these historical roots:
- 1856 – Methodist Episcopal Church in New London established
- 1858 – Immanuel Evangelical Church in Maple Creek established
- 1864 – Methodist Episcopal Church in Northport established
Various church closures, moves, and mergers occurred over the years. In 1967 Trinity Evangelical United Brethren Church of New London and the Methodist Church of New London merged together to become the United Methodist Church of New London. Ground was broken at the corner of Pine and Oshkosh Streets for a new church building on May 3, 1970; and the building was consecrated on January 31, 1971. In 1979 the Northport United Methodist Church closed and members transferred to New London. 1994 additions enlarged the dimensions of the church building to its current size.
Our congregation shares a connection with all the other United Methodist churches around the world! We work together to respond to natural and manmade disasters by sending resources – financial, material, and people – to aide those in need. United Methodists establish and support schools, hospitals, agricultural projects, business cooperatives, and new church starts. Locally we connect with our ecumenical and community partners to support the Community Cupboard, Mission of Hope House, emergency assistance through the Salvation Army, community Thanksgiving meal, Relay for Life, and other projects. (Look for the United Methodist Men’s food wagon at area events!)